The Juki LU 1508 & LU 1509 replaces the very successful Juki 562/563 model, which was sold for over 20 years and is still is use with many manufactures.
This new model has many new features which Juki has researched & tested thought-out the heavy-weight fabric industry.
It is a general purpose needle feed, walking foot machine for use on medium-heavy weight materials and is suited to sewing, for example, car seats, carpets, general upholstery and leather articles etc.
- New mechanism with a rectangular feeding motion promises consistent feed of materials of all thickness without the risk of stitch gathering
- Reduced lift of feed dog helps prevent the material from flopping and reduces operating noise and vibration
- With adoption of a new rectangular feed mechanism, an alternating vertical movement mechanism and a unison feed mechanism helps feed heavyweight materials powerfully and smoothly
- Well tensed seams are consistently produced without pitch errors
- With its maximum stitch length of 9 mm, the machine can be applied to a broader range of uses
- Stitch length can be easily selected by the stitch dial
- Many improved features offer enhanced operability such as an easy-to-observe area around the needle, placement of bobbin winder on the front face, and a large hand-wheel
- Knee-lifter mechanism built-in to bed reduces pressure required to operate the knee-lifter
- Full-open-type top design makes it possible to fully open the top of the machine arm and helps make adjustment easy without tilting the machine head
- Alternating vertical movement mechanism prevents irregular stitches
- High 16 mm presser foot lift enables easy material handling
- Since machine incorporates a vertical-axis double-capacity hook, the frequency of bobbin thread replacement is reduced, further increasing efficiency
- If thread gets caught in the hook, the safety device is automatically engaged, preventing possible hook damage
- Pressing the reset button will immediately return the machine back to the normal state